Today I want to share with you a recipe for guilt-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free snickers candies.
They are super easy to make, chewy, and delicious.
You will need only 3 ingredients for preparing them and no special kitchen equipment.
Did you know that it is possible to eat snickers in a vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free version?
It seems quite impossible.
But the magic is here, in your house, if look closer for it.
Ok, you don’t have to look closer. I will do that for you: if you have dates, almonds, and peanut butter in your house, then for sure the magic is there.
How do I store snickers candies?
Well, thanks for asking me.
I believe that the best way to store them is in the freezer.
The candies don’t form any sort of ice due to the low concentration of water in them.
But they become chewy and much firmer when storing in the freezer.
You can store them in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Another option is the fridge. Especially if you don’t want or don’t have time to wait until they freeze.
They can stay in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Ingredients for the snickers candies
- Dates (each date forms a candy, so the number of dates depends on you how many candies you want to make)
- Roasted almonds or raw almonds (if your dates are double the size of almonds, you will need for one date, two almonds)
- Peanut butter (either crunchy or creamy)
Instructions for the snickers candies
- Make sure to wash the dates well. After that, remove the seeds from the dates. In my case, the seed comes out if I press on the date. But if your dates are not as juicy, you may remove the seeds with a knife, by cutting the date in the direction of the seed and then remove it – they will stick back afterward (you can remove the seeds as you wish, these are just some methods to make sure that the dates remain intact).
- Insert the almond (or 2 of them) in the date in the place of seeds.
- On the top of the date, add some peanut butter (as much as you wish or see the pictures for how I did it).
- Put the candies into the freezer and wait for roughly 3 hours before serving them.
Tips on making the snickers candies
- I roasted the almonds by myself, but you can buy roasted ones or just use raw ones. They are delicious as well.
- If you don’t like almonds, you can replace them with walnuts or some other nuts. I have tried with walnuts, it’s really tasty.
- They are so handy when I am craving something sweet. So, I would advise you to make a bunch of them, put them in the freezer, and serve them whenever you wish.
- For diversifying, you may want to make these energy balls. They contain quite the same ingredients, but still, the texture and taste are different.
- 20 dates (the juicier, the better)
- 20 almonds (roasted or raw)
- 5 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- Remove the seeds out of the dates.
- Insert an almond instead of the seed in the date and repeat the procedure with all of them.
- Take a bit of peanut butter and spread it on top of the dates.
- Freeze or refrigerate the candies.
- If your dates are not very juicy, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Feel free to use other butter (almond, sunflower butter).
- Replace almonds with walnuts or pecans if desired.
Calories per candy: 40 cal
Protein: 1% of your daily dose
Carbs: 3% of your daily dose
Fat: 3% of your daily dose
*please note that these numbers are estimated
Please note that I may earn a small commission from Amazon and iHerb in case you decide to buy products from these sites.